12.23.2015

My local movie theater has failed me so badly

I was set and ready to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens at the beginning of the week and well, that plan went up in smoke, not unlike Vader's skin in Revenge of the Sith. I waited until Monday in order to avoid crowds and that appears to have been a big, big mistake. Why? Because the local theater is only showing TFA in the evenings and at night this week, opting to show Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip (obvious Oscar bait, if you ask me) during the day instead. You see, folks, my town doesn't have one of those big chain theaters anymore and instead has one of those small indie jobs run by people who apparently think that people want to see Jason Lee and three CGI talking chipmunks instead of a SW movie during the day.

But oh, it gets even dumber. The theater closes down on Christmas Eve and doesn't reopen until like Jan. 6th or 16th, at which point it's only showing actual-honest-to-god operas for who knows how long. Apparently that's an actual business plan? Not show movies and divert all those customers to the theater in one of the nearby cities? Seems legit.

It's a problem because I don't drive and while my town isn't the crime capital of America, walking home at night is not something I'd like to do. Despite this pain in the rear, I'll finally get to see The Force Awakens this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...