3.27.2015

Well so much for that rumor about a new Star Trek series in the works

I was just reading an article on The Nerdist about a rumor that CBS might be developing the first new Trek TV show in over a decade and I was really hyped for it...right until I got to the end and saw that the info came from Latino Review.

Here's the thing: Latino Review isn't even remotely a reliable source. They're one of those clickbait websites that manufactures rumors in order to get pageviews. Comicbookmovie.com is much the same way.

The article did remind me about how much I pine for a new Trek show. Ten years is way too damn long. Preferably, I'd like one set in the original timeline. If the J. J. Abrams movies hadn't happened, then I'd have been keen on a TOS TV reboot. Since that won't work now, I'd also be keen on a show based in the TOS era, but focused on a different crew and ship.

1 comment:

  1. It was 17 years between The Original Series and The Next Generation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...