1.10.2013

Books read in 2012 and my recent hauls

Not a complete list, but on the scifi front, I read the following books in 2012:
  • Coyote by Allen Steele
  • The Honor of the Queen by David Weber
  • The Clone Republic by Stephen L. Kent
  • Fuzzy Nation and The Ghost Brigades by John Scalzi
  • Rama by Arthur C. Clarke
  • The Lost Fleet: Relentless and The Lost Fleet: Victorious by Jack Campbell
On the whole, I read as much scifi as I did fantasy. On the book acquisition front, I've had marvelous luck at thrift stores lately:
  • Chasm City by Alastair Reynolds
  • Two Shadowrun novels: House of the Sun by Nigel D. Findley and Never Trust an Elf by Robert N. Charrette
  • With the Lightnings by David Drake
  • The Black Hole by Alan Dean Foster
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  • Battlestar Galactica by Glen A. Larson and Robert Thurston
  • Foundation by Isaac Asimov
As you can see, a couple oldies in there. I bought the Shadowruns at the same Goodwill on two different visits, which makes me suspect that there are more and they just haven't put them all out yet. BSG and The Black Hole were impulse buys as well. I own an omnibus version of the Hitchhiker's Guide, which contains all the novels, but I decided to collect each individual book because I don't like the omnibus - I always feel like I'm holding a phone book when I try to read it. Likewise, I have like a 50+ year old omnibus of the first three Foundation books, but I'm collecting the individual ones because of its age and size.

I'm going to slow down or even stop buying books for a while, at least until I finish reading some of the ones I have. I want to buy John Scalzi's Redshirts first, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...