6.24.2012

Finished The Honor of the Queen

I'm feeling a bit under the weather at the moment, so I'll try and write something more about it during the week. In nutshell, however, I really liked it. The space battles were absolutely brutal, but exciting. I already mentioned my least favorite part of the book, but it didn't detract from the book as a whole. The ending felt a bit rushed and overdone, however.

Currently on the scifi reading front, I've started on Allen Steele's Coyote.

Omphalos' SF Book Reviews.
I'm not that far in, but the plot revolves around a large group of American dissidents who plot to steal and a starship, the URSS Alabama, and escape from the United Republic, an United States turned into a police state run by the far-right. Considering they named Alabama's two shuttles after Jesse Helms and George Wallace, I'd say they're probably racist too. The Alabama is a pretty neat looking ship though.

Atomic Rockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...